Magu is an electronic device used to detect a magnetic field vector. It is particularly well suited for the use in the avionics, where it can serve as a simple compass, as a bank (roll) corrected compass and as a World Magnetic Model.
We take great care to design our instruments lightweight and slim as possible. Magu only weighs 64 g.
Magu's main features:
- Calculation of current magnetic heading.
- Calculation of bank corrected magnetic heading, when pitch and roll Euler angles are available.
- Small size, weight and power consumption.
- Calculation of true heading when current geographic position and time are available.
- Built-in World Magnetic Model (WMM) can be queried for declination, inclination and magnetic field values for any location on Earth.
- Advanced calibration algorithm provides self calibration ability for removing soft and hard iron errors.
- Each unit is carefully calibrated in the factory. The results of this calibration can always be restored.